Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'd ban assault weapons if Congress would just let me

Q    Just returning to guns for a moment.  You’ve said, in response to a bunch of questions, that he supports enforcing -- better enforcing existing laws.  His position in the past has been in favor of renewing the assault weapons ban, which would, at this point, be a new law.  He also said in New Orleans that AK-47s belong on the battlefield, not on the streets.  Does he still support that legislation?

MR. CARNEY:  He does.  And I’ve said that before from the podium in the last week, that he does support renewing the assault weapons ban.  I think what I’ve noted in the past, and what I noted here, is that there has been reluctance by Congress to pass that renewal.

Full text from White House press briefing 

No comments:

Post a Comment