Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And that is that?

  I'm a libertarian.  I don't care what you do in the bedroom, I don't think "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for heterosexuals only" is written or implied in the Declaration of Independence.  I believe that immigration laws need to be fixed and that most of the crime problems with immigrants will be greatly alleviated by abandoning this "War on Drugs" that is inept, impotent, and only good at destroying our rights.

    I don't understand how the Republican Party focused like a laser on a woman's right to choose nor why gay marriage is a more important issue than domestic surveillance, foreign interventionism, reducing government agencies, nor the war on individual rights.  One would think that a party supposedly devoted to small government would stop worrying about social issues.  One would think that......

  I don't think that government can be all things to all people as the Democrats do and I do believe that "the safety net can become a hammock" as Thomas Sowell so aptly observed.   At every increase of increasing big government; I see the heavy hand behind it:  for your own good.  Safety issue.  a risk.

  So, there is NO Constitutionally sound, socially liberal, fiscally conservative party nor viable candidate out there today.  Writing in my conscience seems easy, right?  Write in a libertarian candidate like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

  And then the Democratic National Party adds as part of their official platform, the below, and draws a line in the sand.  Sigh....
  we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban

No comments:

Post a Comment