Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dalton Defense Fund update

Remember this post?

  Well.....in six hours, we raised five hundred dollars, Way of the Multigun donated a freaking S&W M&P 9mm pistol (with many extras), a KKM match barrel was bought and donated, Dark Star Gear donated a custom holster, and Volund Gearworks donated a custom belt.

  Later on, some of my favorite electronic earmuffswere bought and shipped, a pair of Oakley M Frame Sunglasseswere bought and shipped, ToddG donated a case of ball training ammo, John Murphy donated a handgun training class, a good friend of mine sent defensive ammo and a Streamlight TLR-1 C4 WML, VDMSR kicked over some mags and defensive ammo, and countless random donations like cleaning gear, a range bag, etc all started showing up to the shipping address.

  This post is an update.  We are still assembling everything and making sure the pistol shoots well with its new sights.

  Folks, this is how the firearms community rolls.  Let me tell you a story about a guy I know (me).  I....got shot.  I was broke.  I realized that in order to subsist on my 60% long term disability (I was too busy having fun with a DVT and MRSA plus multiple operations) that I needed to sell some guns to make ends meet.  I placed my Nighthawk Predator for sale on AR15.com.  A few hours later, a guy I'd chatted with gun boards (never met in person), a Mr. Shawn Nealon of the (now defunct) CavArms sent me a note saying in essence:


Dude, don't sell your guns.  I'll donate a rifle to you so that you can raffle it off.


  Needless to say, I was bowled over by this offer.  Pride kept me from taking him up on his offer but his kindness and generosity still reverberate with me today.  I hope that someday karma comes back around for Shawn.

  Anyway, here's some teaser pics:

ToddG's ammo donation:


Amazing work on the Dark Star Gear holster and Volund Gearworks belt!  The pink and gray color scheme is important to the recipient of this generosity as the widow of someone who passed away due to brain cancer


Random donated stuff showing up in the mail!








No comments:

Post a Comment